Create a beautiful spring time hare. This resin shape gives a fantastic smooth finish and lovely detailing.
Decoupage (the art of transforming an object with paper) is a fun creative activity that gives fantastic results.
You will receive full instructions with the kit on how to decoupage, as well as tips and creative ideas. Simply put, decoupage involves tearing paper into small pieces and sticking them one by one onto your object until it is covered in a paper mosaic. The special glue also acts as a varnish which protects the surface and gives your design a professionally painted look.
This kit contains:
- 1 x resin hare, primed with gesso
- 1 x felt feet
- 1 x decoupage glue (100ml)
- 1 x decoupage brush
- 1 x decoupage paper collection*
- 1 x double sided A4 laminated sheet with a guide to decoupage, tips and ideas
*Each paper collection consists of either 3 wide sheets (approx 18.8cm x 35cm) or 4 standard sheets (approx 18.8cm x 26cm). The pack contains plenty of glue and paper and you could use any leftover to complete a mini project or two (eg make a pebble paperweight or a jam jar pen pot). There are lots of paper collections to pick from: you can see all the choices here.
For ages 8+
- encourages creativity
- develops fine motor skills
- aids concentration
Spring Hare Kit
- Spread a small patch of glue onto your object, just a little bigger than the piece of paper you are going to stick, as the glue dries very quickly and if you spread a large area it will dry out and be wasted.
- The section between the legs is a little fiddly - it's best to start with this area (and maybe get some adult help) and then the rest will be much easier!
- Apply the glue thinly to avoid soggy paper.
- You could keep one pattern/colour just for the ears and tail to highlight them.
- When you've finished, remember to check your object carefully all over to fill any gaps and flatten any lifted edges.
- When dry, glue the felt feet to the base to give your hare a soft bottom, and to protect any surfaces you may display your hare on.
- Try adding buttons, stick on gems or other embellishments to jazz up your finished piece.
- Use your spare glue and paper to transform another object.
- Have fun!!!
Delivery is £3 per order
Spend £50 and save 10% using code FAIRY10