Make 3 beautiful blossom eggs and a gorgeous felt butterfly bowl to nest them in. This kit is suitable for beginners as well as those looking for a new project and contains full colour instructions and a useful guide for those new to needle felting.
The eggs use a polystyrene core to save needle felting an egg from scratch, which is perfect for beginners and those keen to get to the fun part - adding the decoration! You can variagate your egg background in shades of mint lawn and turquoise sky, before adding a delicate blossom design. Then, using a large polystyrene ball to mould around, you can create your own felt bowl. Once you've formed the basic shape in buddleia purple, add shades of crocus purple, blossom pink, mint lawn and turquoise sky to create your preferred colouration. Choose to needle a flat finish to your bowl or you might like to turn it into a fluffy nest. To finish, follow the instuctions to create a pretty butterfly to perch atop an egg or rest gently on the side of your bowl.
You can display your eggs in your bowl/nest, or maybe fill it with Easter chocolates. The bowl, both decorative and useful, can be enjoyed all year round.
Using acrylic fibre, this kit is suitable for vegans and those with wool allergies. It also makes a lovely Mother's day present or alternative Easter gift.
This kit contains:
- 30g acrylic roving in buddleia purple
- 8g acrylic roving in crocus purple
- 12g acrylic roving in turquoise sky
- 12g acrylic roving in mint lawn
- 8g acrylic roving in blossom mix (pink, red and brown)
- 8 x felting needles
- 3 x 65mm polystyrene eggs (a bit bigger than chicken eggs)
- 1 x 120mm polystyrene ball to form the bowl (this can be reused if you'd like to make more!)
- full colour instructions and ideas
- introduction to needle felting for beginners
For ages 12 to adult
NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12
The kit contains metal needles with very sharp functional points. Please supervise use as appropriate.
Blossom Eggs and Butterfly Bowl | Needle Felting Kit
Delivery is £3 per order
Spend £50 and save 10% using code FAIRY10