Transform a plain wooden box into something beautiful for your home, make a fun and useful item to keep or give as a gift. This is a great practical piece to enjoy creating and using. The wooden cover takes a square tissue box and has a slide out base to hold the tissues in place.
If you wish to use tissues from a rectangular box: remove base from cover, remove tissues from card box, fold in half with 'loose edge' facing up, place into wooden cover, replace base. You may need to use less than a full box in order to allow the tissues room to unfold when pulling through the top hole.
Decoupage (the art of transforming an object with paper) is a fun creative activity that gives fantastic results.
You will receive full instructions with the kit on how to decoupage, as well as tips and creative ideas. Simply put, decoupage involves tearing paper into small pieces and sticking them one by one onto your object until it is covered in a paper mosaic. The special glue also acts as a varnish which protects the surface and gives your design a professionally painted look.
This kit contains:
- 1 x wooden tissue box holder (14cm x 13cm x 13cm)
- 1 x decoupage glue (100ml)
- 1 x decoupage brush
- 2 x decoupage paper collections*
- 1 x double sided A4 laminated sheet with a guide to decoupage, tips and ideas
*Each paper collection consists of either 3 wide sheets (approx 18.8cm x 35cm) or 4 standard sheets (approx 18.8cm x 26cm). The pack contains plenty of glue and paper and you could use any leftover to complete a mini project or two (eg make a pebble paperweight or a jam jar pen pot). There are lots of paper collections to pick from: you can see all the choices here.
For ages 8+
- encourages creativity
- develops fine motor skills
- aids concentration
Wooden Tissue Box
- Spread a small patch of glue onto your object, just a little bigger than the piece of paper you are going to stick, as the glue dries very quickly and if you spread a large area it will dry out and be wasted.
- Apply the glue thinly to avoid soggy paper.
- When you've finished, remember to check your object carefully all over to fill any gaps and flatten any lifted edges.
- Try adding buttons, stick on gems or other embellishments to jazz up your finished piece.
- Use your spare glue and paper to transform another object.
- Have fun!!!