Create your own set of 9 pretty Scandi-style wooden tree decorations with this crafty printing kit.
The kit includes 9 different wooden shapes (reindeer, tree, star, bauble, snowflake, stocking, gingerbread man, heart and angel), red and white acrylic paint, foam brush and dabber, together with 20 paper doilies - the secret to creating stunning detailed prints reminiscent of embroidery or lace - a simple but effective trick (when used with care!) to make printed designs that look like they have taken hours to paint!
You need a lot less paint that you may think: the kit includes enough white paint to give all the decorations a white wash - 1 or 2 coats as you prefer - and enough red for all the stencilling. It should be applied lightly to give an even finish and avoid spreading under the stencil. The paint comes in pots with a wide rim and space to comfortably dip in your foam brush and dapper so can be used straight from the pot for ease of use and to minimise any mess.
This kit contains:
- 9 x wooden decorations
- 9 x jute strings for hanging
- 20ml white acrylic paint
- 10ml red acrylic paint
- 1 x foam paint brush
- 1 x foam dabber
- 20 x paper doilies
- instructions and ideas
For ages 8+
- encourages creativity
- develops fine motor skills
- aids concentration
Scandi Printed Tree Decorations
- Roll up your sleeves and protect your work surface!
- Practice your printing on scrap paper first (you have two spare doilies).
- Use a fresh doily for each side of each shape to avoid accidental transfer of paint.
- Have a wipe or damp cloth handy in case you need to wipe any spills or mistakes.
- Acrylic paint is water resistent once dried so wipe up any spills and wash hands promptly.
- Have fun!!!