Decoupage (the art of transforming an object with paper) is a fun creative activity that gives fantastic results. There are a few ideas in the images: you can cover figures, boxes, letters, whatever you like!
I have put together a wide range of paper collections, each one giving a mix of papers within one set. If you need more than one collection, you can get identical sets for a simpler combination or mix and match collections together for a more eclectic look.
*Each paper collection consists of either 3 wide sheets (approx 18.8cm x 35cm) or 4 standard sheets (approx 18.8cm x 26cm) and contain 2-4 different papers as per the product image*
Purchasing a kit?
All the decoupage kits come with paper included: you can choose any of the collections listed and tell me your selection when you add the kit to your basket. You don't need to purchase paper separately, unless you want extra choice or more paper to complete your own projects :)
- Use with specialist decoupage glue for best results.
- Spread a small patch of glue onto your object, just a little bigger than the piece of paper you are going to stick, as the glue dries very quickly and if you spread a large area it will dry out and be wasted.
- Apply the glue thinly to avoid soggy paper.
- You could keep one pattern/colour for part of your project to highlight it, or use a mix all over. You might like to use paints to cover part of your object for contrast.
- When you've finished, remember to check your object carefully all over to fill any gaps and flatten any lifted edges.
- Try adding buttons, stick on gems or other embellishments to jazz up your finished piece.
- Use any spare paper to transform another object: a pebble paperweight or jam jar pen pot maybe?!
- Have fun!!!
Delivery is £3 per order
Spend £50 and save 10% using code FAIRY10