Paint a pot with a Peter Rabbit design (or whatever you choose!) then plant the carrot seeds and watch them grow. Just be sure to watch out for Mr McGregor...
A fabulous crunchy crafty spring/summer activity!
The kit includes a helpful guide to colour mixing and painting so you can explore how colours are made and experiment mixing your own colours. Then get creative with your pot: there are alternating carrot and Peter Rabbit silhouettes already drawn on in pencil which you can fill with spots, stars, hearts, flowers, stripes, whatever you like, or paint to look like the real thing.
Then fill the pot with the compost and plant the carrot seeds provided to grow your own tasty treats! These are a special easy-to-grow variety of carrot seed - Paris Market 5 (Atlas) - that produce bite size carrots and can be grown in the pot or you can transfer the seedlings into the ground if you have space. The kits comes with 6m of twine and 4 colourful sticks to mark out your growing area if transferring (let me know if you have any colour preference from the three pictured).
This kit contains:
- 1 x 21cm terracota pot
- 1 x set of 6 acrylic paints
- 2 x paint brushes
- 2 x paper plates for paint mixing
- 1 x A4 double sided laminated guide to colour mixing and using acrylic paints
- 100+ carrot seeds
- 1 x bag of compost
- 1 x lolly stick to aid planting
- 6m twine with 4 sticks
For ages 5+
- encourages creativity
- develops fine motor skills
- aids concentration
- engages artistic enquiry
- explores the natural world
Peter Rabbit Paint and Plant
- Practice your brush strokes on scrap paper. Have a wipe or damp cloth handy in case you need to wipe any spills or mistakes.
- Acrylic paint is water resistent once dry so your painted pot will be fine out in the rain.
- Dip the end of the lolly stick in water then dab onto the seeds so that a few at a time 'stick' to it. Push the stick and seeds into the soil to plant. (The seeds are tiny so this is an easy way to plant a few at a time.)
- Have fun!!!